Terms and Conditions of Hire
- Drivers must be in possession of a full valid driving licence for at least one year. Licence must be produced at time of rental.
- Drivers must be aged between 21-75 years old.
- Only the hirer and any drivers approved at the time of rental may drive the vehicle.
- All vehicles are fully insured for comprehensive risk – the renter is responsible for the first £400 of any loss or damage to the hired vehicle.
- Hirer’s liability can be reduced to £100 by paying an additional £3.00 per day or £15.00 per week. This additional payment does not cover damage done to wheels, tyres, mirrors, lenses, headlamps, aerials, car interior and burns.
Extension of Rental
- The rental office must be informed of any extension before expiry of the agreed rental period.
- All cars are supplied with a full tank of petrol and must be returned with a full tank.
- Rates include basic insurance and roadside assistance, but exclude petrol and V.A.T.
- The estimated cost of the rental is required at the time of rent. Mastercard, Visa and Switch cards accepted.
- Every effort will be made to supply the model originally requested, but in the event of it being unavailable, an alternative model will be supplied.
- Vehicles MAY NOT be taken off the Islands of Lewis and Harris except by prior written agreement.
- The customer is responsible for maintaining correct oil and water levels and tyre pressure during the period of hire, and is also responsible for any damage to tyres or interior cigarette burns except when caused by a collision. Valeting will be charged on any vehicle returned in a dirty condition.